How to Make a Request
California Public Records Act (CPRA) and Information Practices Act (IPA) requests may be submitted to the Public Records Office (PRO) using any of the following methods:
|Letter:||University of California, Irvine
Public Records Office
Irvine, CA 92697-1430
Helpful tips and reminders:
- Please be descriptive and specific in your request. For example, you might consider including (if applicable):
- Date ranges
- Titles of documents
- Names of departments, offices or employees who likely would have records
- CPRA requests may be made anonymously, as long as contact information is provided (such as an email) for correspondence and records release.
- IPA requests legally require verification of a requester’s identity prior to the release of documents. IPA requests usually include personal information that would not normally be released to the public. Verification of identity in IPA requests protects your private information.
- Our office typically does not charge for records requests, as most documents are released electronically. However, we may charge in certain cases, including to produce hard copies (up to 10 cents per page) or if extensive programming is required.
- Copies of Statements of Economic Interest (Form 700s) of a UCI public official should be obtained from the UC Office of the President (UCOP) directly (firstname.lastname@example.org).