How to Make a Request

California Public Records Act (CPRA), Information Practices Act (IPA), and Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) requests may be submitted directly to the Public Records Office (PRO) using the following link:

Public Records Center


Helpful Tips and Reminders:

  1. Please be descriptive and specific in your request. For example, you might consider including (if applicable):
    • Date ranges
    • Titles of documents
    • Names of departments, offices or employees who likely would have records
  2. Please select a request type (CPRA, IPA, or FERPA). You may need to submit more than one request if you choose more than one type.
  3. CPRA requests may be made anonymously through the Public Records Center.
  4. IPA and FERPA requests legally require verification of a requester’s identity prior to the release of documents. These requests usually include personal information that would not normally be released to the public. Verification of identity protects your private information.
  5. Our office typically does not charge for records requests, as most documents are released electronically. However, we may charge in certain cases, including to produce hard copies (up to 10 cents per page) or if extensive programming is required.
  6. Copies of Statements of Economic Interest (Form 700s) of a UCI public official should be obtained from the UC Office of the President (UCOP) directly (

Contact Us:

If you have questions, the Public Records Office can be contacted using any of the following methods:

Letter: University of California, Irvine
Public Records Office
Irvine, CA 92697-1430
Fax: (949) 725-2862
Telephone: (949) 824-2312